Interior designer delaying work and asking for more advance payment

In Civil Law
My interior designer has delayed work for more than a month. Total contract amount was 5L and I have already paid 4L. Completed work is not even 50% of agreed work. He is asking 1L additional payment to continue work. Please advise on what are the legal options to me in this case?

Sir,

If you have entered into a written contract than you must make the interior designer accountable for the accounts so far spend and in spite why even than only 50% of work is done .But please check whether there has been a long passage of time when you actually entered into contract and the present period when maybe the prices of the material cost may have appreciated to some extent.
It would be advisable if you first task the accounts before advancing any further amounts

Will give you practical advice. Don't go for civil litigation. Have a unofficial chat with some police officer attached with your nearest police station and seek his help in this regard. If things don't work out, then proceed to lodge an official complaint, .i.e. FIR under Section 420 of IPC.

Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi

First put down every thing on paper
The nature of work agreed and the consideration agreed.also incorporate that in case of failure to complete work within stipulated period money shall be paid and 20% shall be deducted.
Thereafter the time frame and the stage of payment or release of money.
For every single rupee paid get an receipt from him.
Now you have something in your hand which can show who is at fault.
Do not pay any money now ask him what quality of work has been done.shall be valued by valuer who can give estimate of work.
Ask him to either complete the work or leave the job get it done from someone else ask for refund of money paid or file complaint of cheating at police station.