Clarification on case status shown as V.P filed and Final hearing

as I have check my case staus on online high court Mumbai portal and it shows status as V.p. Filed and final hearing. what does it mean? as I am not in contact with my lawyer regarding this case since 9 yrs. and now I know my case status through Mumbai high court portal. so my concern is can be my case is up for final hearing in absence of me in court or it will be disposed or cancelled by respondent? please suggest me what can I do.

Answers (2)

Hi, as you have not mentioned any details of the case you will have to be present in the court on the next date. Check with the lawyer as you have not taken any updates from your lawyer and and check whose VP ( vakil Partra) was filed in the case. Request court for some time for you to appoint a new lawyer if your old lawyer did not wish to continue with the case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Court say you appoit a advocat and file v p means vakaltnam you apparent a advocate your parmesan to defense your side court given time you not apparent advocat your case is disposed of mean ex parti order .

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
11 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hindu law: a person is abroad. However his case status shows his attendance as present. How is it possible while he is abroad? His case is in high cou…

Read More

Presently a civil case is going on form my grandfather sons for property partition.Can, I put case on my grandfather sons regarding my grandfather(die…

Read More

Mere Khilaf kisi ne orginal Sute Kiya Hai .civil procedure code section 26 civil court me.main jab case stetus chek kar Raha Hoon to isme kafi date Ki…

Read More

What is the meaning of Case Stus showing M…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue