Can I hide my marital status in a job application form

18-Apr-2023 (In Civil Law)
Dear sir, I am about to join a in contractual service, but i dont want to reveal my marital status in any of the form which i will be filling while joining. What should I do? In addition to this if in future if i switch to private company whether will be a problem realted to this. Please help me !!
Answers (2)

Answer #1
949 votes
Well, Mr./Mrs. Why you are going to hide your marital status in your service record ? If you're already married . Have you any marital life problem ? Facts of Truth can't be hide Forever & Latter on it will be disclosed , Off course it may create Trouble to you.If have you any problem, certainly there is solution please share & Face it But don't hide any information about your self with your Life & Carrier.
Also a person who knock the door of justice must be clean handed.
All the Best.
Aditya kumar
Answer #2
816 votes
Accords with law when ever such requirement would be to disclose information regarding any subject and you have information regarding the subject you should give such information, concealment of fact is criminal offence. But several time it comes in look that people hide from providing some information but it shall be in favor of the person until queries would not be made regarding the subject. But if once the matter will rise it may be problem.
But regarding switch to new job such information provided to earlier organisation should not be made problem to you.
To know in detail you may contact with me getting my information from the site.

Shailesh Kumar
A High Court Lawyer.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."