Can a case be filed for not announcing and giving prizes to candidates

NashikMUN was held at Fravashi International Academy. For each committee they announced cash prize for Best Delegate (1st place) and High Commendation (2nd place). But at the end of the conference, they give a "Special Mention" Award and say no one got Best Delegate in spite of a delegate winning 1st place. They cheated us out of the delegate fee. We signed no agreement whatsoever that said that the Organizing Committee could cancel the Award. Do I have a case against them?

Answers (2)

299 votes

Taking into consideration the above said facts and your query there in .

Prima facie for a cheating case it need to be part of a transaction. However as far as the above case is in concerned one need to have deeper clarity regarding your case. In order to help you suggest the legal course of action one may initiate.

Best Regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes

If they had announced it that they'll be giving this prizes and based on that you participated you have entered into contact with them there is no need for signing of any agreement you can't definitely file a case against them

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles