20-Mar-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)
My Father left us for heavenly abode and we found a signed check with all details filled except the date , neither the account holder nor me have contacted each other but he knows about my fathers death , how can i claim my fathers money ?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
571 votes
Dear client, first you have to recognize the legal liability/debt for which this cheque has been given if there be any agreement for transaction of money/any promissory note in favour of your father/any loan agreement, you can file a case for recovery of that amount.
Answer #2
917 votes
yes sure you can claim on your father's money. there is two way. first is tell us how many days or time period passed after death of your father. this is necessary thing. then we can come to conclusion use of that check. second way is you can claim through succession certificate. for detail information your details are necessary.
Answer #3
516 votes

You can file case under section 403/405/415 IPC which are misappropriation of property, criminal breach of trust, cheating and fraud respectively.

I would also like to know who has encashed the cheque left by your father with the amount details.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."