Non bailable warrant issued against me how can i save myself

I have received Non Bailable warrant on my name from HDFC bank. Since I did not update my latest address with HDFC, therefore all the notice were kept delivering to my old address. Unfortunately someone mistakenly has acknowledge the notice at my old address. Constable came to my office on last thursday with a NBW in his hand. Now he is forcing me to get a bail on 26th September. Is it ok if I visit to the court and inform the judge that I was not aware of this notice and also I would admit that every month the cheque was bounced for last 2.5 years, however every month I was making the equivalent payment in my personal loan a/c on other some day. So therefore my intention was not to fraud. Can I take the entire loan o/s amount inclusive of charges and interest, and then inform the judge that I want to pay the entire amount here in the court for rs 32,197. Will judge cancel the warrant and my case ? If case and warrant is cancelled then will this ever be reflected in my background check

Answers (2)

83 votes

You can get the NBW cancelled by telling the reason to the court that you were not aware regarding the warrant. The court will definitely consider it and cancel the warrant, if you had no intention to not be present before the court. Get it filed through a counsel.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

The non bailable warrant (NBW) against you can be cancelled. You should immediately take steps to get the NBW cancelled from the court by submitting that you do not have any intention to defraud the bank and that you have not received the court summons.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles