Court fees to file a case for cheque bounce

20-Apr-2023 (In Cheque Bounce Law)

Sir 2 years back we purchased a house by giving payment of Rs 700000/- but the builder not giving a house he kept another person as rented so we cancel that deal & asked our payment by regular follow up he give 200000/- & for balance he give cheque of Rs 500000/- it get bounced & we want to lodge compalaint against bounce so please advice what is the court fees for that

Answers (3)

Answer #1
690 votes
Court fees is 10,000/- for 5 lakhs.
The court in who's jurisdiction you are to file the case is the branch area you have deposited your cheque. Do send him a statutory notice before filing the complaint within 30 days of the cheque being bounced.

Answer #2
661 votes
Dear client u have to first send legal notice through lawyer within 30 days from cheque bounce date. If other party not make payment then u have to file cheque bounce case under sec 138 of n i act. Tje court fees for filing case is 2% of amount. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil

Answer #3
550 votes
Dear sir,
Court fees defers from State to State, and i am not aware where you held from. However, in Maharasthra it is 2% subject maximum Rs.1,50,000/- Further, prosecuting the builder in Section 138 is best remedy for you to recover your money and you should make hurry to file case. Kindly consult the lawyers immediately to file case.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

Firstly, a notice issued please. Then, a suit should be filed under Section 80 of NI Act. All these should be done within a stipulated period. Suit fee-Rs.10,000.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."