Procedure to settle dues with the bank

05-May-2023 (In Banking / Finance Law)
 I have legal query . I m a Permanent Resident of Australia since 2014. I had credit card which I used before coming to Australia around Rs35,000. I received several mails from the bank to make the payment but couldn't pay it. I heard from my brother that the summon was sent to me in the year 2015 n also a warrant was issued. Don't know how far it is true. Now my brother is threatening me that he will inform the bank about my present address in Australia and send warrant and get me deported back to India. He is also telling that i have created credit card giving his photo in my name. On wrong personification he will file a criminal case from india and get me arrested. Will he be able to do it? Do India n Australia have such legal ties? My question here is can i make the settlement with the bank without any legal proceedings?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
527 votes
You can settle the matter with the bank without any legal proceeding if you willing to pay the outstanding of the may face some trubble because presently you are not a citizen of India and receiving any amount from a foreigner is subject to approval of some authority.
Answer #2
879 votes
Yes you can settle the matter outside the purview of legal proceedings. By staying in Australia, you can hire an Advocate , and through that Advocate you can move the matter to the Bank and can easily make a settlement with the Bank. Thereafter you are free from every consequence.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."