can my grandfather will all his property to only 1 out of his 3 sons
I want to know that if my grandfather buy a property and than he made a will in my father name. is it compulsory to divide that property in all three son of the grandfather or he can give it to anyone?
If the property is a self acquired property I.e. bought by your grandfather out of his own funds (not funds from ur great grandfather or HuF funds etc) , then yes he can will it to whomsoever he likes. Not compulsory to divide it among all his sons.
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Father is not alive can we claim share in father sibling's property
- How to get divorce from a husband who lives in Srilanka (Colombo)?
- In laws forged document on girl's behalf. How to get her rights back?
- Gave advance for flat but now on cancelling no money is returned.
- Husband harassing me and not paying anything for maintenance