Wants to start a business of subscription box which requires repacking

Hi I am planning on starting a subscription box business for beauty products that would require repackaging original products into smaller containers and then selling. I will use the original brand name, however since I don't have any tie ups with the brands for custom packaging, i plan to package them myself into smaller containers. Is it legally ok or does i infringe some law by any means. What can be the alternative to this method?

Merely re-packaging original products into your own form of packaging/ containers without a license from the proprietor of the original packages, as you have described, would prima facie amount to trademark infringement. It would not be a viable business to enter into and depending on your business plans, alternative methods can further be discussed.

Popular Startup Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow