Wants to start a business of subscription box which requires repacking

Hi I am planning on starting a subscription box business for beauty products that would require repackaging original products into smaller containers and then selling. I will use the original brand name, however since I don't have any tie ups with the brands for custom packaging, i plan to package them myself into smaller containers. Is it legally ok or does i infringe some law by any means. What can be the alternative to this method?

Merely re-packaging original products into your own form of packaging/ containers without a license from the proprietor of the original packages, as you have described, would prima facie amount to trademark infringement. It would not be a viable business to enter into and depending on your business plans, alternative methods can further be discussed.

Popular Startup Lawyers