Non-Banking Finance Corporation and procedure to get licence

I want to start a NBFC company, kindly brief me about the eligibility and licence procedure.

NBFCs in India are governed by the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 with Reserve of India being the regulator of the sector. In order to carry on the business of NBFC, registration with the RBI is a must. There is a minimum net owned fund criteria of Rs. 200 lakhs. There is a prescribed form which is required to be submitted to the RBI in this regard.

Popular Startup Lawyers