License required to start an online bike rental buisness?

Hi, Do we need a license to start an online bike rental buisness in Thane(Maharashtra)?What other formalities are to be taken care off? Regards, Veerendra

I assume you will set up a private limited company which will run the bike rental business. There are quite a few formalities that need to be taken care - under the Companies Act, Service Tax registration and other tax related registrations etc. For the bike rental business application with need to be made to the Regional Transport Authority. Section 75 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 provides for Scheme for Renting Motor cabs (which includes motor cycles).

Popular Startup Lawyers

Dr. Sudhir Ravindran
Guindy, Chennai
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow