How can i patent my idea?

how can i patent my idea?

You cannot patent an idea. Only an innovation can be patented. I presume you are a start-up and have an idea you think someone would copy. If so, then my friend there is no way to do this....................................................................................

An idea per se cannot be patented.
Only a product or a process based patent can be obtained.
If your idea can be presented as such, you need to file it at the relevant patent office alongwith necessary paperwork including provisional/complete specifications.
For a more specific reply kindly provide further details about your idea or you can contact my office.

Popular Startup Lawyers

Ideas per se are not protectable under Indian law. You can file a patent application for a product or process if it is new and novel and it satisfies the provisions of the Patent Act. The idea can only be protected if it is writing or a concept note and then you can protect it as a literary work under the Copyright Act, 1956. In the alternative, if it is a product or process which you are in the process of developing, then you can file a provisional application under the Patent Act and you will have 18 months to finalize the same.