Business licenses required to sell essential oils

In Startup Law
i want to sell essential oil. basically i will purchase essential oil from importer or manufacturer in bulk and the i will sell it in small quantity by my brand name.So to sell this which licence is required.

Answers (2)

299 votes
You cannot just get a license and sell things in India.

To begin with you need to be a legal entity and see what kind of company / identity would be best suited for your purpose.

Later depending on the entity you set up and the kind of business you would be doing, we can discuss and get all the necessary license i place.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


94 votes
Please take note of following -
1. You need to have your own setup on paper for this activity. Be it proprietorship, partnership, LLP or Company.
2. Registration are required Labour and industrial laws,
3. It is required for you to comply to the direct and indirect laws of India,
4. You are also required to take licence under drugs and cosmetic act and rules.

Popular Startup Lawyers

Advocate Suksham Aggarwal
District and Sessions Court, Ambala
10 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Startup Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."