Threats being given over non payment of money

I owe a person Rs.17000. and am unable to pay him money for past 8 months as my financial position is not good. I have been talking to him and assuring that will pay him as soon as my financial improves but he has threatened me that he will lock my premises. What legal action can be taken please help..

Answers (3)

261 votes

If you are willing to pay that person then that person do not have any rights to threatening and lock your premises. And also he was not made any written agreement if you are failing to pay 17000 then he have right on you premises. Try to repay his amount partly .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

99 votes

1.Firstly , Conveyance that for payment paid after your better financial conditions.

2. If not accept your apology & subject to threatened you then You can go to police station & lodge the report against that person about illegal threat & extortion of money .

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
143 votes

Kindly describe the facts in detail. Did you mortgage your premises to him against some sort of loan? Is there any paper work regarding the transaction?
He cannot lock your premises without following the due course of law. For more detailed advice kindly provide me with more facts and book a consultancy call.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles