Dear Members, I had filed a summary suit. The Defendant was served (Although the summon report has not reached the courts) and has entered appearance without giving notice to the Plaintiff. The Court has entered their appearance and directed to file summon for judgment. Is it correct? How can the appearance of the Defendant be allowed without notice to the Plaintiff. I had raised this objection before court, but they didnt listen? What would be the correct step? Should I apply for summon for judgment on next date? Regards

  • ans

    In a suit filed under Order XXXVII of the Code of Civil Procedure, if the defendant enters an appearance in person or a vakaltnama the plaintiff shall apply by Summons for Judgment to the Judge in Chambers for a decree for the amount claimed, together with interest, if any, and costs.

    The summons shall be supported by affidavit, confirming the facts alleged in the plaint and stating that in the deponent’s belief there is no defence to the suit. The summons shall be in Form No. 11 and shall be made returnable not less than ten clear days from the date of the service.

    The defendant may apply on such summons for leave to defend the suit by filing an affidavit or affidavits, showing that he has a good defence to the suit on the merits or disclosing such facts as may be deemed sufficient to entitle him to defend.

    If Defendant does not apply for a leave to defend, (a) the Plaintiff shall be entitled to judgment immediately or (b) the Court may direct the Defendant to give such security as it may deem fit.

    So you being a Plaintiff  we suggest you to apply for Summons of Judgement.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir My friend take private loan on my reference from a person that not legal money…

My son took admission in Skyline college Noida affiliated to Mahamaya Technical University after paying…

a person from kerala borrowed from our company sum of Rs.48000/- for hypothecated asset (two…

ELECTRONIC DEALER has received goods at his shop in MAYUR VIHAR NEW DELHI INDIA against…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly