Remedy as friend borrows money in others account & not returning

My friend has borrowed 8500/- From me saying that wife condition is not good. He told me to return it back within a week but daily he is sending some excuses which is now not tolerable. Now he has stooped answering calls n msgs and switched off his phone. I have all the messages and transaction details with me but the only doubt is that he has given me his friend account details. So kindly advise me how can I approach for a complain ? Is it legal to have his address from bank through my contacts ? Kindly guide me , I know it’s a small amount but still it’s my hard earned money so I need to respect it and people who took money and think that we can’t do legal complaint should be taught a lesson.

Answers (3)

Yes, on the basis of messages and his written acceptance you can issue him a legal notice. You can also file a police complaint, but before initiating any legal action you have to issue him a legal notice. For any further clarification and detailed advice kindly book a consultancy call.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

1stly You should send legal notice to your frend for recovery of your money giving all the facts of ur case. if he denies in his written reply or avoids to reply to ur notice den you can file civil case against him.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

If you have any documentary proof by which it can showed that your friend had borrowed money from you and promised to return but failed. It can be anything like text messages, watsapp or email communication. Just gather all of them. Then make a written police complaint to your local police station with copy marked to commissioner of police. Attach all the documents referred above to your police letter. The police should act on your letter but they will not. So follow up with the commissioner of police office with all correspondences marked to your local police station. If needed you can also file a RTI application with the commissioner office after a lapse of one week of receipt of your letter by the commissioner office. The police letter is also to be marked as cc to your friend's address to let him know that you have filed a police complaint against him. Hopefully you should get your money back. Thanx

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues

4.5 | 394 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Recovery Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 457 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your Recovery of Dues issue
Similar questions

Maine 1 persan ko 8laakh rupay diye the 500 rs ke stamp Pr usne agrement diya tha ki wo mere acount me har manth 20000 dalega 40manth tk but usne sirf…

Read More

We are a recruitment Agency and have to recover the recruitment fees from 2 of our client which is pending since 1 year and 4 Months simultaneously. T…

Read More

Mortgaged vehicle transferred to third party with forged documents. No other security. How to recover debt.…

Read More

Hi, One of my friend borrowed 25 Lakhs before 2 years from me in india, after that he moved to USA. Now he is not responding to me anymore, also told …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue