Recovery of money lost on false promises

I have paid a considerable amount to a friend of mine, who promised of flat at low cost. After a few year I came to know that he is a fraud and cheating people. Now how can I make him legally to return my money? What action I can take against him and how to initiate this? Is there any time limit before which I have to take the action? All the amounts are transferred through bank, so I have all the transaction details on paper. Also have some phone recordings where he agreed the things about the flat.

Answers (1)

51 votes

you should issue a legal notice to the friend for the recovery of the money loaned by you.
once you issue the notice you may writ to him that you will be initiating civil recovery proceedings against him in the court of law.
once you file the suit you can also get an order of his arrest and or attachment of one of his properties.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles