Recovery of Money from the Deceased Proprietorship firm

Mr. X had supplied some goods to Mr. Y. Mr. Y used to run a proprietorship business. Latter died and the Legal heirs are not responding neither paying the legitimate amount.

Answers (3)

255 votes

it's a case of recovery. you can file recovery suit against legal heirs of Mr. y. but before filing suit please send one legal notice to them through your lawyer and keep the copy. you Can also file summary suit if you have some copy of contract with Mr. Y and with Mr. X.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes

If it the sole proprietorship and the sole proprietor is dead. now the complaint can be filed against the proprietorship concerned and the legal heir of the proprietor. They will be made a party to the suit for recovery of money in which a liquidated sum will be seek from them.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
59 votes

Legal Heir of Mr. Y are duty bound to clear his debts to the ratio they have got the share.
You can send them a legal notice for recovery of money due on Mr. Y.
If still they dont pay you them you can file a suit for recovery before the competent court of law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles