Is promissory note valid if there is no date on it?

I gave some money to my friend twice. He issued promissory noted for both the payments.

Some of the interest amount was paid but rest is still remaining. He also threatens me if i ask for my money.

My doubt is whether promissory notes are valid in court if i wish to recover the money? and if there is no date on the promissory note will make it any difference in my case?

Answer

As per the given facts, our understanding of the given situation is that, 

your friend is not paying you the amount due and is also threatening you as well.

Now regarding your query,

Promissory note are a valid instrument in the court of law to claim your amount.

Date is basically given in the promissory note but if there is no date on the promissory note then we need to check the promissory note to clarify things for you,

Basically a promissory note's date is not material unless the amount is made
payable at a certain time after date.

So if in your promissory note is it stated that your friend will pay you the amount after a certain date then the instruments date is not very essential.