Is phone recording be evidence to prove money lent to friend?

I lent around Rs. 1 lacs to my friend through an online account transfer. He is not returning my money back. How do I get my moneyback? He still talks to me on the phone and promises to return it back. He bought land recently but did not return my money.

I have phone recordings where he accepts that he has to pay my money back. Since we are still normally talking, so should I take his written statement on stamp paper that he borrowed money from me or are phone recordings and account statement sufficient proof?

Answer

If your friend can give you in writing that he has taken a loan from you, although it may not be a stamp paper (although if it's on a stamp paper and duly notarised it would be better), then you have a good case to get your money back with interest.

Once you can get this in writing, or even otherwise, you can get a legal demand notice issued to your friend and if he still doesnt pay the amount, you can file a case for recovery of amount in a competent court of law, provided the case is filed within 3 year from the date of amount lent.