quesGiven money to a friend. What can i do if i can't recover money?

I had given 42 lacs to my friend 12 lacs from RTGS & 30 lacs cash which I had withdrawn from my bank and on that behalf he had given me a cheque & promisery note and cash receipt (as a security). Now I feel he is becoming hostile.


What can I do now? What if his sign are wrong or he does stop payment of the cheque?


  • ans


    The fact that you have a cheque, promisory note and cash receipt is enough to prove the existence of the loan. 


    So in case your friend does not make the payment within time, you can file a recovery suits with respect to the entire amount on the basis of cash receipts and  promissory note .


    In the alternative you can initiate a Criminal Complaint as well against him under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act in case the cheque or promisory note is dishonoured.


    So you do not need to worry about getting your money back as you have the documents to prove the existence of the loan and claim your money back in case the same is not paid.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues with Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Recovery Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Recovery lawyers in India

Similar questions

Delivered goods to a person in different city. Goods worth total of 10 lac rupees.

I had a maid/servant orkingvwith us for 20 months from Aug 2014 to March 2016…
My sister had invested some money in Guru Teak Investment in my name. After the…
I have a startup. This firm is not registered legally or anything. But from last…

Recovery Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>