×

quesClaim the sum of money if the opponent.

Can one claim the sum of money if the opponent has lost the case which he just filed to harass the claimant and asked for money outside the court to compromise. If yes then how is the amount decided like based on type of case, time spent or amount of loss in business to the claimant?

• ansFirst, was the case filed against you was civil or criminal in nature. If civil, the amount of compensation that you are asking for need to be justified by proper documentation stating the losses suffered due to this litigation. You would be required to pay stamp duty to government for the amount claimed in the court.

If criminal in nature, there are various sections in IPC from 193 till 203 which specifically addresses false filing of cases for which if proved can subject the opposite party/complainant/informant to prison for 7 years.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues @ Rs. 1999/- only