Can a person complaint to police for recovering loan money from him?

hi, i want to know if it is feasible to file a complaint against someone who owes money & other material things. A friend owes money and has refused to pay the entire amount, and threatened to go to the police by saying me asking money is torture. can there be a resolve to this? what type of complaint can i lodge to get the money as it as caused a lot of stress to me personally. please let me know.

If you have given the money to your friend by way of cheque , or RTGS then you can file a civil suit thereby seeking recovery of your money.

You can further file a complaint for cheating under Section 420 of IPC.