Can a person complaint to police for recovering loan money from him?

hi, i want to know if it is feasible to file a complaint against someone who owes money & other material things. A friend owes money and has refused to pay the entire amount, and threatened to go to the police by saying me asking money is torture. can there be a resolve to this? what type of complaint can i lodge to get the money as it as caused a lot of stress to me personally. please let me know.

Answers (1)

352 votes

If you have given the money to your friend by way of cheque , or RTGS then you can file a civil suit thereby seeking recovery of your money.

You can further file a complaint for cheating under Section 420 of IPC.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Recovery Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles