Wife sold flat of whose EMI i was paying. Can she do that?

one of flat was registered in the name of my wife but bank loan was remitted by me as she was house wife. and after three years the same flat being purchased in the name of mine. afterwards she disposed off the same flat to other person and is she eligible to do that?

Answers (2)

71 votes

As appears from the brief facts, she could not have transferred the property as she was not entitled thereto. The property, legally, belongs to you as you are the title holder.For detailed answer more facts are needed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

303 votes

Dear Sir,

She cannot do that. You can take appropriate civil and criminal action against her for doing this.

If the flat Transfer has not taken place yet you should immediately obtain a stay from court.

please feel free to contact for further information.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles