quesWhat's the procedure to transfer house on own name after father death

Fatther's death. I am getting all different procedures and the rules are not available on teh internet. What is the procedure for transfer of house on own name?

  • ansThe transfer of house depends upon various factors. If you are only legal heir of your father then you have to apply to Municipal Corporation of your city for mutation of house on your name and if your father is having other Legal representative then you have to obtain NOC from all members of your family and then apply for mutation. However I am making it clear that mutation of the house on your name will not give you exclusive title on the house.

  • ansYou will have to obtain death certificate of your father from Municipal Corporation or your local body. If you are only legal heir your patwari will certify the same.thereafter you will apply to your area tehsildar for your mutation in place of your father

    Advocate S K Singh Chauhan

      Morar, Gwalior

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

my grandfather has four sons. my grandfather living with us. he never lived with any…
I purchased a property in 2000 but the sale deed was registered in 2014. I…
Hamara ghar father k naam pr hai, jinki death 2003 me ho chuki h, paanch…
I am planning to buy a property in Hyderabad. The owner of the property expired.…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly