×

quesWhat's the procedure to transfer house on own name after father death

Fatther's death. I am getting all different procedures and the rules are not available on teh internet. What is the procedure for transfer of house on own name?

• ansThe transfer of house depends upon various factors. If you are only legal heir of your father then you have to apply to Municipal Corporation of your city for mutation of house on your name and if your father is having other Legal representative then you have to obtain NOC from all members of your family and then apply for mutation. However I am making it clear that mutation of the house on your name will not give you exclusive title on the house.

• ansYou will have to obtain death certificate of your father from Municipal Corporation or your local body. If you are only legal heir your patwari will certify the same.thereafter you will apply to your area tehsildar for your mutation in place of your father

Advocate S K Singh Chauhan

Morar, Gwalior