What will happen if property owned jointly and one owner dies

Property inherited from father registered jointly in the name of mother and two sons. Mother has died without a will. What happens to the ownership? Will it be automatically owned by two sons? Does the property have to be re-registered in the name of two sons? Now if one son dies what happens to the ownership then? We are HINDU

Answers (2)

257 votes

Yes property will automatically come in name of both you and in case one brother dies then the remaining brother will be the sole and absolute owner and there is no need to re-register the property after the death any co-owner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

278 votes

Dear Sir,
according to your query:
Mother and two sons jointly inherited the property after the sad demise of your father. that it is very clear that ownership of the said property has been transferred in the name of three persons jointly ( Mother and two Sons). according to you, your mother died intestate ( without a will) that means the property has two co-owners.
if one son also dies intestate then share of the property goes according to the Hindu Succession Act,1956

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles