What to do when there is a property dispute between the family

Dear Sir/Madam, we have a flat in my father and brother's name, not in my name. I had contributed in the loan of the same. Now, i wish to depart and I have asked for my share. They are denying that I won't get money, right now. They are telling me that whenever the flat will be sold, they will pay me the share. I am in a hurry to leave the house because of some family issues. I wish to buy my own new home and thus i need money. What should I do? I have proofs of Money Transferred from my account to the account from which the loan installments had deducted. I had made NEFTs to their joint savings account of SBI, from which the money got transferred to loan accounts. I am asking them to make three parts and give me my share. They are not denying but also they are not giving the money or taking any stand. Yestreday, i had tell them that i would have to take any legal step, if they dont take any stand. Please advise.

Answers (1)

136 votes

Respected sir,
In such circumstances you can file a suit of partition claiming share in such property, as that being of a family property, wherein you will be able to claim partition of property and thus you will acquire your share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles