What to do if size of house is less than what is mentioned in document

sir, we purchase a home few years ago. the size of house as per registry is 30x50 feets (166 sq guz)but when we checked it now , it is 27x50 feets ie length is 3 feet less, it should be 30 feet. what should i do..

Answers (1)

54 votes

Depends on the contents of the sale deed got executed by the seller in favour of the buyer and what is mentioned in the earlier sale deeds. you can file a recovery suit against the seller, if you are sure about of size of the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles