What to do if only one owner wants to sell the house

A house in the name of the wives of two brothers, a brother wants to sell that house while the other does not want to sell the house, how will this problem be solved

Answers (1)

207 votes

Your brother has the right to sell his share alone but in case the house is already devided or partitioned then he can give the posession of the portion in his posession if you are not residing in the house then file a suit for partition and get the house devided. Ypu can also ask him to sell his share in case you are interested to purchase the house. Certainly the owner has every right to sell his share

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles