What to do if after signing a sale deed payment is not received

12-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
I sold my property to my brother and I signed all documents. But after signed he said I will give u money. He is cheating. Now he is ready to sale some one others. What can I do in this case.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
717 votes
If you have executed Sale Agreement or Sale deed, then you can file a suit for specific performance of contract. Once you file a suit, whatever 3rd party sale effected therefrom becomes lis pendens and therefore becomes null and void
Answer #2
705 votes
Immediately file a declaration suit praying that the sale deed may be declared null and void. Also, see that a complaint is lodged in the local police station against your brother. ```````````````````

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."