What share am I entitled to in my father's property?

We are four brothers. My parents are alive and are more than 80 years of age. My father has two properties (houses). I live abroad. I want to know that as per law, how much property am I eligible to get.

I am not aware of any will preparation system. I need your kind advise on this please.

It all depends on what kind of a property it is. If it is a self acquired property then your father has the right to execute a Will and give the property to whoever he desires. If it is an ancestral property then you have a 1/3rd right on the property.

If your father dies without a Will, then you have a 1/3rd right on the property. We suggest you to consult a local lawyer who can guide you to draft a Will.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari