What is the procedure for registration of flat

My husband had purchased a flat in 1977 in a co-op housing society. My husband passed away in 2009 after which the flat share certificate was transferred to my name through nomination paper. I now understand my husband did not register the flat sale deed when he purchased it in 1977. What is the procedure I need to follow to get the registration to my name and what would be the tentative expenses for the same. Thank you

Answers (2)

255 votes

You will have to apply for the legal heir certificate to the Tehsildar of your Taluka along with death certificate of the person and an affidavit.In the affidavit you will have to show the legal heirs of the deceased.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

187 votes

First of all please specify who is in possession of flat. The registration process of flat can be only done by the owner of the property who has the original title of flats.

For registration of any instrument, the original document which should be typed/printed on one side only along with two photocopies of the original have to be submitted to the Registering Officer. The copies are required to be photocopied only on one side of the paper and there has to be a butter paper between the two photocopies papers. This is done so as to prevent the typed matter from getting spoilt. The registration procedure also requires the presence of two witnesses and the payment of the appropriate registration fees. On completion of the procedure, a receipt bearing a distinct serial number is issued.

The following requirements are completing the registration are usually stated on the receipt:

a) Market Value of the property;

b) Income-Tax clearance, i.e. NOC. under Section 269 YL (3) issued by the Appropriate Authority constituted under Chapter XX-C of the Income Tax Act, 1961 if the same is applicable;

c) Certificate under section 230-A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 granted to the Transferor by the assessing officer of the Transferor;

d) Urban Land Ceiling declarations of the transferor/s and the transferee/s.

Yes, if the property is duly registered, then the owner of the property can lease the property or even sell it to anyone who he desire.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles