What is the importance of a medical certificate for property transfer

We are having ancestor property house and land. I have 2 sisters,I am the eldest one and only son. Parents are expired. Now my elder sister has not ready to sign any document due to her mental disturbances. Her husband told to arrange the medical certificate for this and arrange to sign his daughter for sale the property. It is possible?

letter to declare your sister as lunatic, enabling her daughter as legal heir to sign the documents. if the daughter is a major she can sign on behalf of her mother and her mother should be declared as a person of unsound mind.

It is not clear if your sister is temporarily disturbed mentally or otherwise. If it is only temporary, she can very well sign a document during her lucid intervals. Her daughter cannot sign any document on her behalf on the basis of a medical certificate alone.