What is the best way to get property transferred?

I want to get property transferred to myself. What would be the best option to get it transferred. I also want to know the difference between will and settlement agreement?

Answers (1)

248 votes

The property can be transferred in two ways:
1. Sale Deed
2. Will.
3 Gift Deed


In case of sale deed, you will have to pay consideration for the property. Thereafter it has to be registered. So in short you will have to buy the property


The owner of the property can execute a Will in your favour and after his dead the Will becomes operative and you become the owner.


The other option available with you is that the person(owner ) can execute an Gift deed in your  favour and thereafter you can get the same registered before sub register

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles