What is daughters share in fathers property after his death

My father was a Rly Employee & brought a land in the name of my mother. My father died 2002 during his service. My mother received lump sum amount from dept. We are one brother & one elder sister. My sister got married on 2004 using that lump sum amount. I shifted to another city by transferring my job & subsequently my mother also sold that land. In new city I purchased a land in my name & constructed house using home loan & additional amount assisted by mother. Now after 14 years, suddenly my elder sister demanding father's share. Now i want to ask that what is my sister's share as father is no more alive & mother is pension holder. So is there any liability in terms of any compensation which i must to pay my sister. Pl give legal perspective

Answers (1)

199 votes

if your father has left some property or money then your sister is eligible to the one third of the said property or money. but it seems like that your sister has already obtained her share of the father's property by issue of her marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles