What can i do if house care taker is not ready to vacate house

11-May-2023 (In Property Law)
I work in a different city with my family and my birth place is in a rural village but within same state West Bengal. About 8 years ago when I had been transferred from my native place to kolkata, I selected a family to take care of my house and the land. Since 8yrs I don't take any rent from them and an agreement was written in a A4 size paper to take care of my house without rent. Now I just retired from the job and want to live my native place, so for that I want to renovate my house in village. But the caretaker is not ready to vacant my place. With the help of village adult club member they are opposing to vacant the place and filed a case of harassment against me in nearby police station. They are now calling the place as their place. I didn't give any time any papers of land on which they can demand the place as their own. Now what can I do get back my native place? And can I get the place back? What is the procedure to get the land back? I am looking forward to hear from you.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
853 votes
Sir, you have to file a case of trespass against the caretaker and his family and get them evicted from your house. The case of trespass won’t take long and that is the only way you can have them vacate your place. Please call for more details.
People also ask

What should I do if I lost my original property documents in India?

What is the first step to locating lost property documents? Lodge an FIR. First, you should contact the local police station and file a First Information Report (FIR) to retrieve the documents. ... Advertise in newspapers ... Write a request. ... Submit the form to the subregistrar.

How can I get original land documents in Karnataka?

Karnataka provides land record-related services on the meebhoomi website. In Karnataka, citizens can apply online for Survey Documents like Tippan Book, Pkka Book and Atlas. Citizens will be required to pay the fee for the survey documents. 27-Oct-2023

How do I find old land records in UP?

Step 1: Log into the UP Bhulekh Portal. Step 2: Click on the tab Shatru sampatti (enemy property) at the top of the page. Step 3: The next step will ask you to select the Tehsil and Janpad. Step 4: Once you have selected the details, an PDF file will open. 11-Oct-2023

How can I get old land records in Tamil Nadu?

Step 1: Visit, the official website for TN Patta Chitta. Click the "View Patta Chitta" option. Step 2: In the page that redirects, enter District, Area Type, Taluk, Town, Ward, Block, Survey Number, and Subdivision number. Step 3: Enter the authentication value and click Submit. 13-Sept-2023

Answer #2
516 votes
Yes, you can get back your property. You have to file a case against them in the competent court. From the court's order, you can get back the property as it legally your property. The name in the record of the property is in your name, as you have not made any documents for selling or giving the property to them.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."