What are grandchildren rights in ancestral property

my grandparents expired 2-3 years ago and my uncle is residing in grandparent's house till today when i asked him for my part in property he denied to give same. so what should i do now.

Answers (2)

330 votes

Grand children have a birth right in grand parent property, you can file a civil suit for partition of property of your grand parent. That is no bar if your father live or dead.
Even you can ask a possession and mesne profit in your grand parent property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

142 votes

nheritance is governed according to personal laws so it needs to be seen whether you are a Hinsu or a Muslim or likewise.
Considering you to be a Hindu for instance it could be said that YES you have a share in the ancestral property. Although many things still need to be taken into consideration before deciding whether you can take a stay on it or not.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles