want share in my grandfathers property, my uncle took it illegally.

3 plots 5 brother Very eldest one died and his family is living in 1 plot. My father is 2 eldest we are living on rent. They are not letting us to to live in the property. We are two brothers and one sister. And father is a alcohilic. He is always drunk.we are in a huge problem. And the three youngest brothers is living in 2 joined plots. How can i get my share?

Answers (3)

102 votes

Sir, assuming the properties are ancestral you have a right and interest in the properties and if the same is not given to you voluntarily you may file a suit for partition without delay. An injunction on the properties is well advised

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

150 votes

Such issues in a joint family are common. The remedy lies in a partition suit to be filed for diving the respective shares of the parties or sell their respective portions as the case may be. All the brothers and sisters have an equal share in the properties. Kindly take free consultation to enable us to make you personally aware of your legal rights.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
199 votes

Since it is an ancestral property, you and your other siblings have an equal undivided share in the property and the same will devolve to you as per the provisions of the Hindu Succession Act. File suit for partition claiming your share.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles