×

quesUnregistered partition deed of ancestral property.

The partition deed was made among my family members on 1996. 1996 original deed was lost ( without registering a FIR). I have made another deed on 1998.was written on a Rs 10 stamp paper and was notarized. Property value is not mentioned and unequally divided b/w 6heirs. I have taken 2/6 shares while others 1/6 Now my brothers n their sons are asking me to divide the share equally. with legal heir proof, i have changed the property tax and patta to my name. But, My brothers, through RTI/municipal hearing,they changed the property tax to our family name again. now hearings are going in RDO tto change the patta. I have already got the stay order against municipality. i have shown the stay order to RDO, does he can change the patta. i can use my partition deed as an evidence or is it good to go for the compromise with my brothers, since property is not divided equally.

• ansPartition deed on a Rs 10 stamp paper and notarized is not a valid document of partition, thus not tenable in law. It would me more favorable if you compromise with your brothers.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services