Unknown person claiming ownership on our property

04-May-2023 (In Property Law)
Hai My Father-in-Law had purchase a property in 1984 and built shops in 1987 2 floors and paying tax and taking rent till 2017 and gifted the property to his daughter and the same we demolished and started reconstructing, now one person has sent notice that the property belongs to his grand father in revenue records and stop the construction work. Kindly let me know how to go about it as I hv property records purchased, sale deed, mother deed, khatha certificates, EC, betterment charges paid receipt, tax paid, water bill and electricity bill connection, plan sanction and all property related records. Should I reply for that notice? Looking forward to hear from you ASAP
Answers (1)

Answer #1
652 votes
You can send a reply to his legal notice after attaching the photocopy all the documents you are mentioning about which show that the property was purchased by your father-in-law and then gifted to your wife. Along with that you also mention that if the engage in frivolous litigation to harass you then you will be compelled to take civil and criminal action against them for harassing you.
As far as the name in revenue record is concerned, this is a common flaw that is found and won't stand the test of court.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."