Uncle sold his share of land to my father,children asking for share

Hi Sir/Madam My grandfather shared his property to my father and his brothers. Later when my uncle(my father's elder brother) was in necessity, he sold his share of the property to my father in the presence of my grand parents and registrar. At that time my cousins( father's elder brother's kids) were minors. Right now, the property is on my name. Now after many years (say 15 years) they are claiming for the property. Is it valid? If so, how? If not so, what should I do? Please help me for the same.

Answers (1)

252 votes

when your uncle sold the property to your father in support of that do you have the registry paper or the sale deed in name of your father or yourself. if yes then his children cannot claim the property. if they file a suit then you need to fight the case and defend your case

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles