Uncle demanding share in my father's property after selling his share.

My grandfather had purchased property on his and my uncle's name (younger son). My uncle has sold out half portion of that property without telling my father (elder son). Now, they are demanding the half portion from my father's share.

Can someone suggest on this. Thanks.

Answers (1)

147 votes

Please provide the complete facts:

1. Is your grandfather alive?

2. Has he left a Will?

Please provide the above facts so that we can provide you with the exact solution. However, if your grandfather died without a Will, then your father being a legal heir, will have an equal right on the property and your uncle has no right to sell the property. Hence, you can challenge the sale by your uncle and seeking cancellation of sale. 

Further, you can file a suit for partition thereby demanding your father's share.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles