Trustte of the building locked the terrace.

I have a room in terrace at fifth floor of a trust building and paying rent of the room regularly but neither staying nor given on rent suddenly the trustee of the building has locked the terrace main gate saying some illegal activities going on in terrace as some empty beer bottles were found as i stay at borivali at present and my room is south mumbai, trustee say when u will come to stay i ll give u the keys and in the time between 10.00am to 6.00pm only on the paper the room is commercial so please giude me what can i do legally and what can trustee do legally if i break the lock?

Answers (1)

451 votes
If you have taken premises on rent for commercial purposes you should not keep it locked. Start using premises regularly failing which landlord may file suit for eviction against you. It does not make sense to antagonize landlord. Arrive at an amicable settlement, since landlord is willing to give you keys during office timings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles