Transfer of property through will or settlement deed and it's charges

My mother has a property in her name, acquired by her, in Chennai ( for which aquisition was announcedd in 2008 in Chennai 2nd masterplan but no notice rec'd so far) and half share of current living flat in Chennai. Apart from that, she has a small plot in Tamilnadu but outside chennai individually ,and one plot, jointly with me, in tamilnadu but outside Chennai.. She wants to transfer them to me. Somebody told that settlement deed is better than will . I have 2 married sisters. Residing outside Tamilnadu. What are charges of settlement deed and how many settlement deed is required. As well as net total charges invollved in this.

Hi as your enquire settlement between mother and daughter The maximum stamp duty payable on the instrument of settlement within the family members is Rs. 25,000/- and the registration charges shall be Rs. 4,000/- in Tamilnadu