Transfer of property registered in father's name to mother's name

Age is 27 yrs old. I need your suggestion. I'm residing at Andheri SRA Building. I have two step brothers. Currently property has been registered on my father's name and my father met with paralysis attack. Two step-brothers are not staying with us from when got this flat key from the Builder. they remove there name from ration card and voter id long back. just i need to know in future they would part of this property like a "VARAS". I want to transfer this property on my mom's name. how do I transfer it. and father is alive, it would possible to transfer this flat to my mom's name.

Answers (1)

308 votes

As per section 16 of HMA, even illegitimate children are heir to the property whether it is acquired self acquired or ancestral.
Hence, in this scenario your brothers might demand a share in the property at a later stage after your father dies. In order to prevent this, you can ask your father to get his will registered thereby transferring his entire interest in the property to your mother and to you after his death

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I have question ragarding getting OC for purchased flat on individual basis. as builder has only succeeded in getting partly completion certificat…

Read More

I had booked a flat in Ahmedabad before 05 years. I had paid total amount by cheque (Rs. 17 Lacs). Yet I have not get possession. Almost 30 % work is …

Read More

Can a builder/promoter in west bengal sell stilt parking to individual flat owners?…

Read More

my apartment is G+2 of plot area is 222sq.yards, in stilt half of the plot area was constructed a residential flat remaining half has been allotted to…

Read More