Step mom selling late father's land w/o giving us share. What to do?

In Property Law

My mom expired when I was 3 years old and my sister 1year. After that my dad remarried and my next mom has 1 daughter. 2 years ago my father expired and after that now mom avoids relation with me and my sister. She also says false things about us. Now, it is all over & I don't need those inhumans, but there is a land property which was in the name of my father.

As earlier decided it would be divided among four. But lately I heard from few that the property is either sold or to be. What to do?

Answers (1)

78 votes

The situation seems to be quite bad. You can file a letter of adminstration in respect to the property in question.

You can also file a domestic violence case seeking a stay order of sale of property in question and relief or maintenance for yourself and your sister.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles