Stay order by two brothers one brothers withdraws the case

sir.. my father has two brothers.... after the death of our garandfather.. my father decided to make a shed for our vehicle.. but both the brothers imposed a stay order on it... but v havenoot started any sort of work yet... no material no men are working to built the shed then also they imposed this stay order... now i want to know that if one of the brothers withdraws the case then what will happen........ whole case gets withdraw or not????

Answers (1)

263 votes

You have not mentioned that whether the court has granted stay in this?
It is not stay but an injunction against your father restraining him from putting up any construction in the common vacant land.
Whether it was an exparte injunction?
If yes, then your father can challenge the same and get it vacated by filing counter to it.
Though the suit has been filed by two plaintiffs, if one would like to withdraw, then the other will continue the suit for the reliefs claimed.
It will not get dismissed.

Learn how you can get a stay order on property with this Indian Law Guide on stay orders

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles