Stamp duty in case senior citizen gifting Rs 10 lakhs to daughter

A senior citizen wants to gift 10 lac amt to her daughter through registered gift deed.what could be the stamp duty and registration charges. Is there any concession made for senior citizens by gov. (Lady is a residing at mumbai sub and transferring sums not any property or land)

Answers (1)

265 votes

As per the Income Tax Act, 1961 if the value of gifts received is more than Rs. 50,000 a year, then such amount is taxed as income in the hands of the receiver. These gifts may be in any form – cash, jewellery, movable and immovable property, shares etc.
However, this rule is not applicable if your relatives present the gifts. the income tax rules specify relatives from whom tax free gifts can be received. These are:
Parents,Spouse,Your and your spouse’s brothers and sisters,Brothers and sisters of your parents, Your lineal descendants (including spouses),Lineal descendants (including spouses) of your spouse

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles