Son sold dead husband's property. Can I ask for my share in that now?

I am in desperate need of legal advice. I am a 60 year old housewife. My husband died in February 2006 leaving me a house and a factory in Delhi. I have two children, a son and a daughter. My son married in 2005. After my husband's death, my son sold the property and shifted to Gurgaon buying a house in his and his wife's name.


Now they are saperating & dividing the house between them with no share to me or to my daughter. I am now staying on rent. How can I demand for my share now?


Upon the death of your husband, if he has left any will, then the property shall stand devolved in the name of the beneficiary under the will, provided the properties were self aquired properties of your husband.


In case the properties are self aquired, and your husband has died intestate (without leaving a will), then you, your son and your daughter become the owners of the properties to the extent of 1/3 share each and accordingly, can file for partition of the properties.


With the situation now, you can file for an injuction against your son that since you and your daughter also had a share in the property left by your husband and the Gurgaon property was purchased by him and his wife without giving you and / or your daughter your respective shares, he should be directed not to sell / dispose off the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Mere father in law ne mere husband and mere devar k against ja kar police walon se dhamki lagwa k unse zabardasti sign karwa liye hai. K yeh dono apni…

Read More

We have purchased flat jointly in both name. Had taken joint loan due to my eligibility is low for high value loan. But later we have dispute between …

Read More

I have got status quo on my husbands property where I am living with my son after he has left. this suit prayed not to create third party rights or di…

Read More

Hello .my question .. A person who is the owner of property and all registery are under his name but after his death his wife had transfer the title o…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue